I. REGISTER AN ACCOUNT
- To create your account, you only need a web browser and an internet connection
- Go to https://testuru.com
• Click “REGISTER”
• Enter all the required information in the Register online form, click “REGISTER” to complete this step
• As soon as your account is approved, you can start using that account to log in and work on the system
II. LOG IN
- Click “LOGIN” (on the top-right corner)
- Enter email/phone number and password of your account
III. PREVIEW TESTS
- On the HOME page, scroll down to the section "EXPERIENCE ONLINE IELTS TESTS ON TESTURU" and read the instructions carefully before taking the test.
- Select the test you want to try (Listening / Reading / Writing / Speaking).
- Click "PREVIEW NOW" to take the test (the test results will not be saved).
- This function helps you prepare well before taking the real test on Testuru.
IV. TAKE THE TEST
- Click the arrow next to the profile image and choose “Take a test” or click “Test now” on the homepage.
- Select the type of test
- With the Speaking test, you have to do the test at the exact time you have selected. If there is any change, you should inform our system at least 8 hours before the test begins.
- The system may not allow you to take the Listening/Reading/Writing test 3 hours before the speaking test you have registered officially begins
- Click “GET STARTED” to start your test
- Approximately 30 minutes (plus 10 minutes to transfer your answers into the answer sheet).
- There are 4 sections with 10 questions each. Each question is worth 1 mark
- Listening test structure is the same for both Academic and General Training module
- All recordings are heard ONLY ONCE
- During your listening test, you should write down your answers on the paper sheet prepared before transferring into the answer sheet or you can highlight "key words" by clicking on them.
- You can highlight “keywords” and use “Zoom in/out” with the tool provided by our system
- Click “SUBMIT” when you finish.
- After Listening test, click “GET STARTED” to continue with Reading test.
- Reading test includes 3 reading passages in 60 minutes with 3 passages. Each question is worth 1 mark
- You will have to enter your answers directly on Answer sheet given on our Webpage or Mobile app as you do not have extra time..
- Reading test structure is not the same for Academic and General Training module
You can highlight “keywords” and use “Zoom in/out” the screen with the tool provided by our system
Click “SUBMIT” when you finish.
Time: 60 minutes for 2 task.
Each task is assessed independently. Task 2 carries more weight in marking than Task 1
There are 2 modules: Academic and General Training.
In the Writing test, you can choose either:
Write down your answers on the paper sheets prepared by yourself, then take a photo of your answers and upload them to our system.
Type your answers directly on Answer sheet given on Webpage, click “Submit” when you finish.
In the Speaking test, you will have an online test with an IELTS Examiner through face-to-face video call. Therefore, you should make sure that the Internet connection is stable and your devices work properly throughout the test.
More importantly, you should be on time for the test.
You will be notified by the system you’re your Speaking test is about to start. Our Examiner will call you (video call) to start the test
If you do not receive any signal from the Examiner, please try to:
Send a message to the Examiner to explain your problem at the Chat box on the screen
Click on the icon (!) next to the Chat box.
Speaking test lasts 11 - 15 minutes with 3 parts.
In Part 1, the examiner introduces him/herself and checks the test takers' identity. They then ask the test takers general questions on some familiar topics such as home, family, work, studies and interests. Part 1 lasts for 4 – 5 minutes.
In Part 2, questions and hints to answers will be sent to you. You are given 1 minute to prepare your talk and you should also prepare pencil and paper to make notes. The examiner asks you to talk for 1 - 2 minutes and may stop you after 2 minutes, then asks one or two questions on the same topic.
In Part 3, you will have a 4 - 5 minutes discuss about the issues related to the topic in Part 2 in a more general and abstract way.
When the time is up, the examiner will notify you.
V. REVIEW YOUR TEST RESULTS
- Click on your profile image/account name
- You can review your results/test history/current level at this page
- You also can click “UPDATE INFORMATION” to update information of your current account
- When you finish updating, click “UPDATE” to save
VI. EXPERIENCE PROBLEMS WITH YOUR CAMERA
If you are experiencing problems with your camera and/or microphone, please try the following options:
The Speaking tests will work well on browsers like Chrome, Firefox and Coc Coc.
Check if your camera/microphone is plugged in and detected by your computer.
Check if your web browser is not blocking the camera/microphone. In case your browser is blocking the camera or/and microphone, please follow these instructions to resolve the problem:
Contact our technical support at:
• Phone number: 0784 680 448
• Email: email@example.com