70 VOCABULARIES OF TOPIC: TRAVEL
1. Accommodation: a place (such as a room in a hotel) where travelers can sleep and find other services
2. Account payable: (AP) is money owed by a business to its suppliers shown as a liability on a company's balance sheet.
3. Airline route map: flight map
4. Airline schedule: flight schedule
5. Baggage allowance: the amount of checked baggage or hand/carry-on luggage the company will allow per passenger
6. Boarding card: a pass for boarding an aircraft, given to a passenger when the ticket is issued or upon check-in at the airport.
7. Booking file:Customer's information concluded arrangement with a goods or services supplier (carrier, hotel, restaurant, publisher, etc.) representing a completed sale. Also called reservation or transaction document.
8. Brochure: Publication consisting of one folded page, or several pages stitched together but not bound. Used mainly for advertising purposes. See also booklet.
9. Bus schedule: a list of times, of arrivals and departures; timetable of bus.
10. Cancellation penalty: punishment for cancelling.
11. Carrier: a company that transports goods or people from one place to another.
12. Check - in: to show your ticket at an airport so that you can be told where you will be sitting and so that your bags can be put on the aircraft.
13. Coach: a long motor vehicle with comfortable seats, used to take groups of people on journeys.
14. Commission: a system of payment based on a percentage of the value of sales or other business done, or a payment to someone working under such a system.
15. Compensation: the money to pay someone money in exchange for something that has been lost or damaged or for some problem.
16. Complimentary: If tickets, books, etc. are complimentary, they are given free, especially by a business.
17. Cruise: a journey on a large ship for pleasure, during which you visit several places.
18. Customer file: document of customer information.
19. Deposit: to put something valuable, especially money, in a bank or safe.
20. Destination: the place where someone is going or where something is being sent or taken.
21. Distribution: the way that money is shared or divided up in an economy or society.
22. Documentation: pieces of paper containing official information (ticket, passport, voucher...).
23. Domestic travel: travel in your country.
24. Excursion airfare: A fare for travel by land, air, or water which is less expensive than the regular fare, and which usually depends on special conditions.
25. Expatriate resident(s) of Vietnam: foreigner lives in a short time in Vietnam.
26. Ferry: a boat or ship for conveying passengers and goods, especially over a relatively short distance and as a regular service.
27. Flight: the action or process of flying through the air.
28. Flyer: a small handbill advertising an event or product.
29. Geographic features: naturally-created features of the Earth. Natural geographical features consist of landforms and ecosystems.
30. Guide book: instruction document.
31. Harbour: a place on the coast where vessels may find shelter, especially one protected from rough water by piers, jetties, and other artificial structures.
32. High season: the most popular time of year at a resort, hotel, or tourist attraction, when prices are highest.
33. Inclusive tour: a round or circle trip performed in whole or in part by air for an inclusive tour price for the period the participants are away from the starting point of the journey.
34. International tourist: foreigner tourist.
35. Itinerary: schedule
36. Journey: trip
37. Low season: the period in the year when the fewest people visit a place and when the prices are at their lowest level.
38. Loyalty programme: are structured marketing strategies designed by merchants to encourage customers to continue to shop at or use the services.
39. Luggage: the bags, suitcases, etc. that contain your possessions and that you take with you when you are travelling.
40. Manifest: a list of people and goods carried on a ship or plane.
41. One way trip: One-way travel is travel paid for by a fare purchased for a seat on an aircraft, a train, a bus, or some other mode of travel without a return trip.
42. Passport: an official document issued by a government, certifying the holder's identity and citizenship and entitling them to travel under its protection to and from foreign countries.
43. Platform: a raised level surface on which people or things can stand.
44. Preferred product: better-price product.
45. Promotion airfare: discount plane ticket.
46. Public transport: buses, trains, subways, and other forms of transportation that charge set fares, run on fixed routes, and are available to the public.
47. Rail schedule: a list of railway journeys arranged according to the time when they begin and end.
48. Resort: a place that is a popular destination for vacations or recreation, or which is frequented for a particular purpose.
49. Retail travel agency: a private retailer or public service that provides travel and tourism related services to the public on behalf of suppliers such as activities, airlines, car rentals, cruise lines, hotels, railways, travel insurance, and package tours.
50. Room only: specifically means that there are no meals included, you are just paying to stay in the room (note it is unlikely there will be cooking facilities in the room). So if you want breakfast or an evening meal you have to pay for these
51. Round trip: a journey to one or more places and back again.
52. SGLB: Single room with bath.
53. Source market: the origin market
54. Souvenir: a thing that is kept as a reminder of a person, place, or event.
55. Ticket: a piece of paper or small card that gives the holder a certain right, especially to enter a place, travel by public transport, or participate in an event.
56. Tour guide: a person employed to show tourists around places of interest.
57. Tour voucher: A printed or electronic document that proves the customer has booked and paid for a tour.
58. Tour wholesaler: A tour wholesaler supplies to retail travel agents, they do not sell directly to consumers. Wholesalers link individual tourism operators with retailers.
59. Tourism: the commercial organization and operation of vacations and visits to places of interest.
60. Tourist: a person who is traveling or visiting a place for pleasure, traveller.
61. Transfer: change to another place, route, or means of transportation during a journey.
62. Travel advisories: A travel warning, travel alert, or travel advisory is an official warning statement issued by a government agency to provide information about the relative safety of travelling
63. Travel desk agent: A travel agent's role is to help people plan, choose and arrange their holiday. They will usually work to a budget set out by whoever is planning the holiday.
64. Travel trade:people and companies that resell travel products that they have bought and/or reserved from other parties.
65. Traveller: a person who is traveling or who often travels.
66. Trip: an act of going to a place and returning; a journey or excursion, especially for pleasure.
67. Homestay: a vacation or other period abroad spent staying in the home of a local family.
68. Local dish: food belongs to specific region
69. VNAT: Vietnam national administration of tourism
70. Visa: an endorsement on a passport indicating that the holder is allowed to enter, leave, or stay for a specified period of time in a country.
🔰 Testuru - Learning English online Savings - Efficiency - Anywhere, anytime.
➡️ Website: https://testuru.com/
➡️ Android App: https://bit.ly/2lRvEEk
➡️ IOS App: https://apple.co/2kdgJEh
➡️ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/testuru/
➡️ Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/testuru